If you're interested in natural and highly effective ways to boost your fertility, naturopathy could help.
Whether you're low risk or high risk, there is a lot we can do together. I work with patients at all stages of pregnancy with all sorts of medical histories, and together, we can come up with a comprehensive medical plan tailored for you.
Who Can I Help?
Low Risk Pregnancy
- first time pregnancy and subsequent pregnancies
- general inquires to boost and optimize pregnancy outcomes
High Risk Pregnancy
- Higher maternal age
- Preexisting medical conditions
- high blood pressure
- lung, kidney or heart problems
- autoimmune disease
- sexually transmitted disease
- chronic infections
- History of Miscarriage
- Medical conditions that occur during pregnancy
- preeclampsia (high blood pressure, urinary protein, swelling); although most women who develop pre-eclampsia have healthy babies, proper management is important
- gestational diabetes: a type of diabetes that develops during pregnancy which typically resolves after pregnancy
Hormonal Conditions Which Directly Affect Fertility
- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease
- Pituitary Dysfunction
Naturopathic Fertility Assessment
We will assess your fertility status by carefully examining your cycles and full medical history. We will assess all blood work you may already have, but often times, we run more comprehensive hormone assessments. We often look urine metabolites of major sex hormones (estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA) as well as adrenal hormones such as cortisol and cortisone. More specific functional tests may be necessary to get the full picture.
We also use highly effective monitoring methods such as basal body temperature and ovulation tests to determine optimal times for conception.
Naturopathic Fertility Treatments
Treatments vary from person to person. Our comprehensive medical history usually takes 1 hour, and during this time, I will devise a treatment plan. We have many safe and highly effective treatments we can rely on:
- Neutraceutical supplements (vitamins, herbs, minerals etc)
- Nutriton for optimal pregnancy and fertility
- Fertility Acupuncture
- Stress and Sleep Support - both vital for hormones and fertility
- Education pertaining to pregnancy, fertility and any questions you may have